Katharine Dean Tillotson School

The Katharine Dean Tillotson School was created by AC-ACLD/An Association for Children and Adults with Learning Disabilities, Inc., to provide a highly-structured, innovative, and nurturing environment which is designed to successfully address the special needs of students with moderate to Specific Learning Disabilities (SLD) and related disorders. Since AC-ACLD mission is to serve individuals with SLD, the school does not serve children with the following primary diagnosis: mental retardation, emotional disturbance, chronic medial conditions, blindness, and deafness. The Tillotson School program is implemented by a highly-trained and dedicated staff whose sole objective is for the students to find success in their endeavors, to realize their full potential, and to thrive and participate fully in society.

OUR EDUCATION MODEL
provides a unique and extremely effective special education program. The school's Modified Educational Environment [MEE] model stresses a highly adaptive learning environment designed to meet the needs of each student. KDTS is dedicated to producing positive results for students. The MEE model incorporates a range of services within a structured, nurturing and therapeutic setting. (Please refer to the section entitled Katharine Dean Tillotson School Student Results.) KDTS can provide the following levels of intervention:

Learning support with a concentration on language development
Life skills support and prevocational training
Emotional support and social skills training
Specific types of physical support
Transition Services
Students can receive either a full-time or part-time special education program at KDTS.
KDTS is also able to provide a wide range of consultation services to school districts and professionals.

If a particular type of service is currently unavailable, AC-ACLD/Katharine Dean Tillotson School welcomes the opportunity to discuss this matter with the school district(s). The school district(s) may then wish to contract for special services.

COST
The tuition rate for Katharine Dean Tillotson School the 2001-02 Fiscal Year is approximately $28,500. This figure represents the average cost for all students this academic year. If a student is approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Special Education, sixty percent (60%) of the tuition is paid by the Department and the remaining forty percent (40%) is the responsibility of the referring school district.

There are no additional charges for our comprehensive intervention model [M. E. E.]. M. E. E. includes learning support with speech therapy, life skills/prevocational/career training, adaptive physical education, counseling and group therapy, and social skills training. AC-ACLD's day school program, Katharine Dean Tillotson School, is committed to providing cost-effective and successful special education programming for all students which we educate.

To receive a copy of The AC-ACLD Katharine Dean Tillotson School MEE please e-mail us at info@acldonline.org or call 412.881.2253, we will be happy to mail it to you. We will also be happy to send any other information that may be helpful to you.